I thought that it might be fun to do a little tag today. So let’s get in the Christmas mood with the Christmas Song Booktag. This tag was created by Hails Hearts NYC here is the original video.
- “You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch” – Name a villainous character you couldn’t help but love.
For this one I will have to go with Severus Snape from the Harry Potter series. He is just such a great villain without completely being one. I really love this character!
- “All I Want for Christmas is You” – Which book to you most hope to see under your Christmas tree.
I am hoping to get My True Love Gave To Me, which is a bunch of Christmas stories written by several authors. I am really excited about this book.
- “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer” – Name a character that overcomes major obstacles and learns to believe in themselves.
I had to think quite a lot for this one. And the final choice is Fiona from the Tea Rose which is the first book in the Tea Rose Trilogy by Jennifer Donnelly. I never really head about this series on the book blogging community which is sad because I truly like it and I wish more people would read it.
- “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”
a) Which character do you think would be on the top of the naughty list?
I have three names in mind and I can’t quite figure out which one to pick. Peter Hayes from Divergent, Dorian Gray from The Picture Of Dorian Gray or Dolores Umbridge from the Harry Potter series. I think I’ll go with Dorian Gray for he does some pretty horrible things and I already used the Harry Potter series.
b) Which character do you think would be at the top of the nice list?For this one Catherine Morland from Northanger Abbey would be my choice. She is so sweet and innocent even if she sometimes loses herself in her imagination. And she has principles and sticks to them even when surrounded by people who don’t have any
- “Frosty the Snowman” – Which book just melts your heart.
The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey. This is such a beautiful love story, I don’t say it is a romance, because it isn’t. It is about the love between this childless couple and this child who enters their lives. And I feel every time I think about this book, my heart melts and I feel happy and I can see the amazing landscape and feel the cold. Needless to say, I love this book!
- “Feliz Navidad” – Choose a book that takes place in a country other than your own.
Well this one is going to be easy since I think I have only read one book taking place in Switzerland! I’ll pick The Snow Maiden and The Soldier, by Tracy Linn Hendry. It is the story of a girl, whose parents are Russian but immigrated in the United States. During WWII she decides to go back to Russia, where the story mainly takes place.
- “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” – Which holiday themed book do you use to spread the Christmas joy?
I actually just realized I have never read a Christmas themed book.
- “Sleigh Ride” – Which fictional character would you choose to spend the holidays with (doesn’t have to be a love interest!)
I think that for this one I will pick Cath from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, because I think we have a lot in common and we would get on very well.
- “Baby it’s Cold Outside” – Which book that you didn’t like would you sacrifice to a fire to warm yourself up in the cold?
I hardly thought about it before I made up my mind for this one. The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins. I know some people loved it but I am truly sorry to say I did not. I wouldn’t completely feel bad to use for keeping warm while I read another book.
- “Do you hear what I hear” – Which book do you think everyone should read?
This question is hard, How am I supposed to pick only one book? There so many I wish everyone would read! But if I have to narrow it down, it will probably be The Horse and His Boy, by C.S. Lewis, which is is the third book in the Chronicles of Narnia chronologically (the fifth that was published) . A lot of people have read The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe but very often, they just stop there and don’t read the rest of the series. I enjoyed most of the Narnia books but The Horse and His Boy is very favorite.
If you decide to do this tag, please link my blog so that I can read your answers !!:)
So that’s about it I hope you liked it