I am really excited for this week’s Top 5 Wednesday’s topic. It will be all about winter read recommendation to read by the fire! Just the thought of a nice couch by the fire makes me want to make tea and grab a book! I want to apologize because two of the books I mention below I already talked about in my Top 5 Books I am Thankful For. I tried to think of other books but those two were all that came to my mind.
- Maybe I am the only one to think like that, but it seems to me, that it is far easier to really get into a fantasy/magical world when we are quietly sitting by the fire than, I don’t know, in the subway, where there is noise and there are people and distractions and so on. So to me a fantasy book is a perfect book to read by the fire. I want to say The Lord Of The Rings by J.R.R Tolkien. I know those books can be really hard to get through. However, I love the story when we follow Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli ! Especially in the second book when they arrive in Rohan. I remember last winter when I read it, I was sitting by the fire with a cup of tea and my family was around me, also reading. And I was really able to take everything in because I was in this nice quiet environment.
- I think I might be mentioning these books in every post but … The Harry Potter series!! I just love to read those books around christmas, when there is snow outside, jut sitting on a couch by the fire with a blanket and a hot chocolate. And I know a lot of other people do too, so I am not the only one.
- Next comes a book I also mentioned quite a few times but it is one of my favorite books of all times : The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey. Because this book is set in Alaska, it is very snowy and there is something very pleasant about seating nice and warm by the fire while reading a book in which the snow and the cold play such a important role.
- Then comes an anthology of christmas short stories, which I am currently reading: A Snow Garden by Rachel Joyce. Each short story follows a different character. Some of those characters know each other, some don’t. This book really puts you into the holiday mood.
- For my last one I am going to pick The Chronicles Of Narnia by C.S Lewis. I have also been reading these books since I was a child and every time I read them I can picture myself reading them for the first time with my mother when I was a kid. It is always nice to think about old memories while sitting by the fire on a Winter evening!.
Well that’s it for my selection, tell me what you think of it and what your top 5 books to read by the fire are !